I’m journeying to South Island in a couple months to finally fulfill my dreams (and spending half my savings while I’m at it). I’ve booked through Haka Tours. When it came down to it, I wanted a small tour organized by the best– the locals. And also because I’m a complete dunce when it comes to anything outside of Wellington (I wouldn’t even say I’ve “mastered” Wellington yet).
My 12-day itinerary seems jam-packed and absolutely enthralling… but I can’t wait. Read more here.
- Christchurch to Lake Tekapo
- Lake Tekapo to Queenstown
- 1/2 day trip to Milford Sound
- Queenstown to Wanaka
- Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Abel Tasman to Christchurch (skipping Wellington)
- Flying to Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane from there? Who knows…
I moved to New Zealand since it’s considered the adventure capital of the world.
The adventures I’m partaking in:
- Kawarau bridge bungy (of course. Where it was invented)
- Canyon swing
- Skydiving over Southern Alps (I’m guessing it’ll be ten times nicer than in the middle of nowhere, Lompoc, where I skydived my first time)
- Extreme jetboating
- Scenic flight over Lake Tekapo
- Glacier hike: Fox Glacier
- Probably a lot more, depending on what others do and I “monkey see, monkey do…”
Source (Image © Paul Bica)
Have you been to South Island before/want to go? What are some of the activities you partook in, if so? 🙂